Outreach Events & Summer Programming
Please note that Outreach Events and Summer Programming have been cancelled or placed on hold until further notice due to the COVID-19 situation. Stay safe!
In addition to our regular school programs, we are pleased to offer joint programming with our partners at Ocean Sciences Centre, Bonne Bay Marine Station, and Parks Canada.
These programs are catered toward the specific school groups invited to participate in an event, or toward the general public. In collaboration with our partners, we participate in the following annual special events:
- Let’s Talk Science Lab Extravaganza at Memorial University (Mid-February)
- Regional Eastern NL Science Fair (Mid-April)
- Earth Day (April 22)
- Science Rendezvous at Memorial University (Mid-May)
- World Oceans Day (June 8)
- Annual Whale Festival at Cape Spear (late June)
- Science Literacy Week (Mid-September)
These programs provide a unique ocean-related learning opportunity for youth and the general public. They are usually delivered via the Traveling Touch Tank or on-site at Parks Canada locations and the Bonne Bay Marine Station.
- Ocean Sciences Centre Traveling Touch Tank (Metro St. John’s)
We bring live marine invertebrates to engage youth and the public in learning more about our amazing local ocean creatures with the help of enthusiastic and experienced marine interpreters.
To book the OSC Traveling Touch tank, please contact Danielle Nichols at email@example.com
- Coastal Ecosystem Monitoring at Bonne Bay Marine Station, Terra Nova National Park, and Gros Morne National Park
Modules from our Science 1206 school program are modified to engage the public in citizen science practices and get them excited to learn about their own coastal environments.
For more information about these programs, please contact Laura Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org.